Monday, May 13, 2013

a giovedi!

Italian Conversation exam: done
Italian Written exam: done
Part 1 of 2 for Literature: done 
Part 2 for Literature: in progress
Italian oral exam: tomorrow
Art History Final: tomorrow
Photography: done

The end is near! I have 5 precious days left here in Siena. 
This past weekend was a blast. So many things to do in the city center now that the weather is nice! 
Sunday I went to a picnic lunch at Orto di Peci, which is probably the coolest spot in Siena. A small park with goats, a mule, and fabulous play area! I went with Gioia and her children. They have become my younger brother and sister!!
Happy belated mothers day mumma! We had a great dinner at home with Anna Maria and her kids and Giuseppe and Davide joined us. (Anna Maria's boyfriend and his son). I bought her the cutest group of creamsicle colored roses. She LOVED them. She was so excited and so happy that I had thought of her! Her kids didn't even get her anything!! I was SHOCKED! She is an amazing cook, mother, and friend! 

Saturday we visited Boboli Gardens with the Lit class. Amazing when I can compare it to the other gardens we visited in the last few weeks! I was hurried to get back to Siena for some studying and took the night off. I joined a few of my classmates at Corte di Miracoli (Court of Miracles) .. the miracle was the next morning NO hangover! We had a blast for our last big Saturday night in Siena together. We also went to the fortress for an italian style "carival" ... it was NOT like the coconino county fair at all! The rides were so dangerous! I was shocked! The junk food was pretty much the same, popcorn, cotton candy, but the crepes were Nutella! They looked yummy! We went on the 'scary' ride and laughed the entire time .. can't even explain how cheesy it was. I also ran into two of my favorite students, Lorenzo and Pietro at the carnival with their parents. It's nice to see the kids outside the school environment, and trying to speak English to me! It amazes me how far they have come!

This afternoon when I was taking the bus home and one of the students I teach English too was with his mother. His eyes lit up and his mouth broke into a huge grin. He started waving and when I walked over to him we had a conversation in Italian! I met his mother and she did not speak English at all so I really had to use my Italian! I found out that they live in the same neighborhood as me. When he got off the bus he yelled "a giovedi!!" [meaning see you Thursday] and waved to me until the bus took off again. His smile and excited nature made my day! I really hope I do make an impact on the students I teach. I learn so much from them! 

I will post pictures as soon as this week calms down. I am going to start traveling here pretty soon and will TRY MY HARDEST to post my weekly happenings, but I am so unsure of internet and such. Facebook (or my mother) will have to keep you posted if I do not have the time to blog!

Ciao,
Kali 

No comments:

Post a Comment