Monday, March 4, 2013

Film Photography

I am in love and I do not care who knows it. Film photography and the dark room have captured my heart. I was so pleased with my first roll of colored film! My exposures came out a bit dark because of the gray and snowy weather. However, I went the next morning to finish my role and I am SO glad I did! My pictures from the morning sunlight came out beautifully. Not being able to see my images right after I take the photo scares me! I actually had a dream that my role of Black and White would come out completely blank. But today we got to actually develop our negatives in the dark room and I am happy with what came out! It was amazing!! Monday and Tuesday mornings are my favorite time because of photo class!

I have had such a good first few weeks of REAL classes. Every day I begin with an hour and forty-five minutes of Italian. Wednesdays we have conversation class (abbiamo parlato tutto Italiano). Monday's and Wednesdays I have Literature, Landscape and Sustainability with Gioia Woods and she is absolutely fantastic.

Art History, where do I start? Thursday we ventured to the Duomo!


ANDDDDDD --> We went to Florence for class Friday! Here are a few pictures.
We started the day early and headed straight to the famous Duomo. Studying architecture and artists, Roberto our professor, gave extreme detail. It is like we had our own private tour guide.
 After the Duomo we visited the Uffizi Gallery. I could stay there for a whole week and not be able to see everything!! Learning about the iconography, sculptures, and paintings are utterly amazing. There is so much history and significant meaning behind pieces of art. We are learning a lot about the Medici family and their impact on Italian art and conservation/restoration through out centuries.

Friday night was my first stay ever in a hostel! I stayed with my friend Ally who is a great travel pal! We had a blast!! Florence gelato was SO different than gelato in Siena. I loved walking from out hostel back into town.. and the Leather market was SOO tempting! Uncle Lou said I have to get leather from Florence so I will definitely be back there soon!



Saturday Ally, myself, and a few others hopped on the a train Pisa for a day trip to the Leaning Tower! I'll just add a few pictures!! The weather was perfect and Pisa was great for a few hours. Saturday night we headed back to Siena for dinner with our host families (traveling was exhausting!)

Love this one!

(This is a picture of my journal that says "Wish You Were Here")

I was trying to push it over!
I am running out of weekends for adventures. I have quite the travel arrangements planned for the next month. This weekend will be in Siena going on an adventure for Photography Friday, Saturday hiking in Chianti, and Sunday the chocolate festival in Piazza Del Campo in Siena (could potentially be dangerous!) 
The following weekend I get to go to France to see Dad in Toulouse! And then the following weekend our art history class is headed back to Florence where my dad will be meeting me! And the following weekend my mother will join us in Europe for a spring break trip! SO MUCH TO DO! I AM LOVING EVERY MOMENT!

-also i got to play soccer with a few local boys in Florence and it was hilarious. 
ciao, a dopo
-kali




No comments:

Post a Comment