Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mi piace i bambini!

I bambini!!!
As I mentioned previously I have the pleasure of working with children while I am in Italy. And as most of you know working with children is a passion of mine. Wednesday night we had the singing class. The children are so precious! I work with the babies ages 3-5 and sing songs such as "Where is Thumpkin" and "Twinkle Twinkle". It is also fun to watch the mothers be involved and try singing along with us!
Today, Thursday, I visited the local elementary school where I will be spending two-three hours a week working with different classrooms (4th grade and 5th grade) to help the students during their English lessons. I am instructed to create short lesson plans and help the teacher in any way possible during the class hour. We are currently working on pronunciation and songs from Grease. Two of the 5th grade classes will be performing parts of the play Grease at the end of the semester. Learning the songs is my favorite part! They all looked at me like I was crazy when I was singing Summer Nights! They have no idea how lucky they are to be working on this Musical!

I also had Art History today. LET ME TELL YOU, I am so incredibly lucky to be taking this class here in Italy. It is my first class of this type of study. Today we visited the Pinacoteca di Siena. My professor Roberto is brilliant and full of information. He is Sienese so learning from him is truly a treat.

This past weekend I did some hiking in the hills between Chianti and Siena. Vineyard after vineyard and very hilly! It was a different kind of hike, not one that I am used to, but beautiful nonetheless. There was a beautiful Church on the top of one of the hills that was spectacular.  Here are just a few pictures!




And here is one in front of my family's house and one when we went wine tasting!


Excited for my upcoming trip to Florence with my art history class and them my dad is coming to France for work so hopefully I'll fly out his way and spend a weekend with him!
Snow and rain in the forecast for this weekend so I am doing a few things around Siena. Tomorrow there is an Organic Market in the Fortress Square and after a short documentary film screening at school about the Entruscans. Saturday there is a free classical concert in the beautiful Basilica dei Servi. And a potential wine tasting in Chianti Sunday!

So many things to do, so little time!

A presto,

-kali 

No comments:

Post a Comment