Thursday, February 14, 2013

Carciofi

Buonasera and Happy Valentines Day!

Last night we had carciofi (artichokes!) I was so happy! They were amazing.  So fresh. And yummy chicken drenched in fresh olive oil from Anna Maria's mothers tree. I am noticing the lack of salt in my diet, there is no salt in the bread, and no table salt. The olive oil is basically our salt. It was a great meal, just Anna Maria and myself. She looked up the words to one of my favorite songs by the Lumineers and she tried singing it with me! It's nice to have meals with her because she is very patient with me when I try and say my sentences in Italian. I am loving the language.. although--  la grammatica sono molto dificile (the grammar is very difficult!!!!!!!)  Elena is teaching me all the swear words. It's the best of both worlds.

One thing I did not realize about studying abroad was how willing I would have to be to change my sleeping, eating, and showering pattern! We wake up really early and I have to catch the bus by 8:00 AM to be on time for school at 9:00. There is hardly any snacking and NO NAP! We don't sit down for dinner until 9:00-9:30 PM ish. And I am not in bed until midnight or one when all my studying/homework is complete. The days are long but I don't think I would want it any other way :)

For photography our picture a day journal is probably the coolest journal I'm keeping. Yesterday on the bus I captured the most precious face of a child and it made my day. My favorite line I have mastered is "Posso fotografare il tuo bambino per la scuola?" "May I photography your baby for school?" It's has been well received and I have captured some exceptional moments! [Mari this is your shoutout -- I'm in love with my camera and obsessed with faces instead of landscape now! Thanks for being an inspiration and teaching me to always have my camera on me! If it weren't for that advice I wouldn't have captured some great moments! Can't wait to show you my pictures!]

Waiting in anticipation for my extra crunchy peanut butter.

ciao

-kali

No comments:

Post a Comment