Friday, January 25, 2013

A Special Night

Tonight was very special because my host mother and family invited my real mother (most of you know her as G) to dinner at our house. My mom is staying in Siena tonight and leaving for Florence tomorrow. We had a very traditional dinner and vegetarian so my mom could eat it! The pasta was probably my favorite part (PESTO!). Dinner conversation was absolutely hilarious! We laughed so hard because of translations and trying to speak both English and Italian! We talked a lot about politics and healthcare and it was very intellectual even though there was a small language barrier. I am learning more and more about Italian healthcare and government as well as a more simple way of life compared to the U.S.

School is school and so far we have only had orientation days, permit of stay paperwork, ect ect. I am excited for the intensive italian and more excited to get to know the other 33 students in my program! We also got a tour of the school and let me tell you.. the views are like a painting. UNREAL.

I am no good with words and I can explain myself much better through pictures. So I will try and upload a few pictures this weekend. But here was my favorite that I took today.




No comments:

Post a Comment