Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last Phone Calls

I still need to pack.

I got the chance to talk to Buba, my 97 year old great grandmother, one last time before my flight departs tomorrow.  She told me to say hello to her cousin "over there" in Sicily. My mother and I could not stop laughing.


Buba: There's a lot of them over there [cousins].
Me: Who's alive?
Buba: Well I'm not sure. (long pause) Don't forget to bring your bathing suit!

I also had the opportunity to talk to my best friend Meredith who also has some fun travels in Costa Rica coming up! I can't wait to meet new friends and build relationships in Italy!!

My parents' 26th wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I am SO BLESSED that they are MY parents! So sorry I'm taking Mom away from you Dad! Can't wait for you to visit me when you are in France for work!

Next post will be from Rome!

ciao

-kali






No comments:

Post a Comment