Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Settled In Siena

ciao ciao!
After a fabulous time in Florence seeing The David with my mother we ate at a fabulous restaurant called Buca Mario. The old men were hilarious and the food as always was delicious. I had a mushroom risotto and mom had fresh artichokes with rigatoni!  Mom and I split two bottles of wine. We had a ball walking home...

Today was a good day. I met my classmates at the Florence airport and we took a bus to Siena where my host mother (Anna Maria) picked me up! She speaks english very well but there were definitely some awkward silences in the car! She showed me where the bus stop was that I will be taking.
My host home is about 45 minute walk from the center of Siena (where my school is) so I plan on taking the bus to school and hopefully walking home, then ill get a better  understanding of my host country.

My first homemade meal was classic and I couldn't ask for a better family. Both of my host siblings study here in Siena and speak english very well! I am slowly but surely picking up more words and phrases. After dinner Anna Maria and Elena made a cake for tomorrow while Lorenzo watched me/ helped me practice Italian with my Rosetta Stone.

It was really fun being able to tell them about lacrosse and my team and everything I'm involved in at NAU. I can't wait until I can have a full conversation with them about my day and daily living!!

A few days of orientation ahead and then classes slowly begin! 3 week intensive italian class first and then my semester officially starts! My mother comes Friday and my host family has already invited her to come to dinner. Such a wonderful experience!

buona notte

kali

2 comments:

  1. HI Kali! I am so happy that you are getting settled in and your host family sounds great so far! I cant wait to hear more stories and see more great pictures!! And I am so sorry I got rid of my facebook before I told you!! So I will be keeping tabs on you here and I also added you on skype so I can see your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Ashley!! We can iMessgae when I am at school (not during class though lol) or whenever I have internet! Let's definitely skype sometime!! Miss you bunches!

      Delete