Monday, January 28, 2013

Intensive Italian!

I am so glad that the three week intensive Italian class has started! Knowing a little bit of spanish and italian is helping tremendously with the conjugation aspect of the language. I am finally putting together phrases and sentences that actually make sense! I have found a language partner and he is pretty cute too! He took me around the park yesterday where we practiced conjugating the -are verbs. He also speaks no english so we use pictures and gestures to express what we are trying to say! It's pretty neat! I never knew the letters K, J, X, Y, and W didn't exist Latin or Italian. Pretty cool!

The city is amazing. I don't even know where to begin! From the medieval horse tie up areas on every building to detailed artwork of the frescos, this city has so much rich history. So many small streets that I have no idea where they lead! I want to take them all! I never, in a million years, thought I would be here! Everything little thing has meaning from the past and I want to know everything! For example, I live in the contrada of the snail. Contrada's are the neighborhoods of Siena. And your neighbor is your enemy. SO much to learn and SO little time.

My friend Dyeemah took this picture of me on my first day at The Siena School. Thought I would share with all of you the excitement on my face!


Off to explore the next Contrada of Siena! Ciao!

-kali

No comments:

Post a Comment